For 6 months our bathrooms took a crap on us! We are asking our community's assistance in raising funds to cover the costs it took to repair them. Doors at 6:00pm featuring:
++$10 donation to enter (tickets can be purchased in advance through eventbrite)
++Mocktails by Gaia Cafe (bring yo dollars!)
++Silent auction with items from Decorum Piercing, A Pleasant Dog, Riverside Guitar School, Gaia Cafe
++Works of art for sale (see below)
++Live performances by the Antibuddies (Ferndale), Foxgrave (Lansing), Jamon, and Sleeping Inn
++Special fundraiser merch for sale
Call for Artists
We are looking for art submissions inspired by the saying “Crap happens!” All works of art will be sold for $20 a piece and 100% of the sales will be collected to help pay for necessary repairs. Drop-off dates will be August 24th and 25th at the DAAC. Works not sold will be returned to artists.
Things to know about attending a show
- Right now the DAAC is at a limited capacity of 65 people. The amount of presale tickets are limited to allow for additional tickets to be sold at the door.
- If there are remaining tickets available, admission can be purchased at the door day of show using cash, paypal, or credit card.
- The DAAC is an all ages & all Volunteer run sober space.
- Due to COVID we are doing screenings at the door and requiring everyone to wear their masks (properly). Performers can remove their masks during a performance.
- All shows attendees will be admitted if they are masked (regardless of vaccination status), are sober, follow the DAAC's COVID-19 policy, and submit details for contract tracing.
- All shows are all-ages, substance free and jerk free.
To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a ramp entrance at the back of the building, seating if requested, accessible gender-neutral bathrooms, free water and cups for use, and free ear plugs. We are always ready to listen to our attendees on how we can do better and what we could provide.
Parking can be found at a few locations:
- lot parking at Berean Baptist Church
- lot parking across Plainfield at Caliber Collision
- NO Parking in Quinn & Tuite's lot
The DAAC is on Rapid bus route #11 (Sweet St stops).
Bike parking can be found in front of the building on Plainfield or by using the ramp railing at the back of the building.
The DAAC is located in the back part of the Gaia House Cafe building on Plainfield. It is a dark green building with a white and black striped awning. Turn West on Saunders which is the street directly North of the building. You will see the DAAC logo on a door and an owl mural. You will see the DAAC logo on a door and an owl mural. The main entrance door for shows is on Saunders, and an accessible entrance is at the back of the building up the ramp.
Refunds are allowed up to 24 hours before the event.