The DAAC's new home at 1553 Plainfield Ave is in the Creston Neighborhood of Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are proud to be part of this thriving, funky, & caring art district.
About the Space
- COVID Capacity: 65 people. Masks are required by all attendees (subject to change). READ COVID-19 HANDBOOK HERE
- PPE such as face masks, shields, thermometers, gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray
- Four benches + other seating options
- Six 6-foot folding tables (extra fee)
- Fifty 300lb weight capacity chairs (extra fee)
- Power strips, extension cords
- 100mb Upload/Download Fiber Internet
- Heated & Air Conditioned
- Accessible entrance
- 2 gender neutral bathrooms
- Drinking fountain with bottle filler (only bottle filler is available due to COVID)
- Artist sink
- Coffee Brewer & Schuil Sparrows coffee
- Electric kettle & Golden Hour teas
Panoramic view of venue showing stage and bench seating
- 12' x 16' Platform with ramp
- Yamaha MG16XU 16-channel mixer
- 12-channel snake
- 3 QSC K12 Speakers
- 3 QSC K12 Monitors
- 3 DI boxes
- 10 Microphone Stands & XLR Cables
- 4 SM58 Microphones
- 4 SM57 Microphones
- DVD player
- Vankyo V630 Projector with inputs for : 1 VGA, 1 USB, 1 powered USB, 1 AV, 1 SD Card, 2 HDMI, HDMI-Lightning adapter available. Outputs: 1/8 inch stereo.
- 7 art hanging rails (4 in performance space, 3 in lobby)
- Juno gallery spot lights (12 in performance space, 12 in lobby)
- 3 moving panels for additional art hanging
- Temporary load in/load out parking is allowed on Saunders directly across from the DAAC's entrance.
- 2 parking lot agreements have been formed - shown as big green areas on map:
- Neighboring church, Berean Baptist, is allowing us to use their parking lot between Saunders & Sweet.
- Star Collision's owner has allowed our patrons to park in their lot across Plainfield when they are not open.
- There are many other street parking spaces available shown in green.
- Our only request is not to park in Quinn & Tuite's parking lot to the south of the building (red).
Green = OK to Park
Red = Never Park
Map of The DAAC and surrounding buildings and streets. Sweet Street and Coit Avenue are the nearest major intersection. Sweet runs east and west, Coit runs north and south. Plainfield Avenue and The DAAC are situated Southeast of Sweet and Coit. Plainfield is a diagonal line running between Sweet and Coit in the Southeast quadrant. Saunders Court connects Coit Avenue and Plainfield, running east to west, chopping the triangular city block in half horizontally. The DAAC is on the corner of Saunders Court and Plainfield. Just north of The DAAC is a large parking lot belonging to Berean Baptist church, marked in green as safe to park. Wrapping around The DAAC's building to the west and south is a parking lot belonging to Quinn & Tuite's Pub, marked in red as NOT safe to park. Across the street on Plainfield is another large lot marked green, belonging to the auto collision repair shop.